Thursday, November 19, 2015

Foster Moments

October 30th two new Feral kittens came to my home.   
My mission, to help them become sweet and lovable pets.  

Please meet Halifax.  He was born Mid July so he is now 4 months old.  He was born in a cat colony in Chilliwack where he was trapped by the SPCA and transferred to VOKRA. 


 This is his friend Petal.  She was born in a cat colony in Surrey.  She was born in early May so is now 6 months old.


When they first arrive, and every night for the first few weeks I close up their kennel at night.  This allows them to have complete private time and become accustomed to the sounds and smells of their new home.  It also allows any resident cats to roam at night and minimizes any nocturnal freak outs, which allows me to get some sleep.


These two kitties need to live in a kennel.  If they didn't they would be hidden somewhere in my home, probably where I can't see or reach them.  A kennel allows me to ensure they are healthy and start the taming process while minimizing the stress to the cats.



No comments: